With the increasing popularity of the UAE Golden Visa, the authorities have now announced a new type of entry visa namely the UAE Green Visa. This is an exclusive edition of the UAE visa regime that distinguishes between work and residency permits. As a result, the UAE Green Visa allows highly skilled people, investors, students, and entrepreneurs to sponsor themselves along with their families and first-grade relatives. It is a great initiative taken by the UAE government to attract exceptional talent resulting to propel UAE economic growth.
Simply put, this is a new type of entry visa as well as a residence permit offered by the UAE government to attract and retain global talents and skilled workers from all across the world providing a 5 years residency period without a sponsor or employer. This can be renewed from the same term upon its expiry.
UAE Green Visa Categories & Eligibility:
As per the UAE cabinet decision made in April 2022, foreigners in the three categories would be eligible to get a Green Visa. The UAE Green Visa has already come into effect from 3rd October 2022 offering foreigners the to reside in the UAE longer than the regular visa does. There is no denying the fact that it is a win-to-win solution for the country and the Green Visa holders. The categories include:
- Skilled Professionals
- Self-employed & Freelancers
- Investors & Partners
The best part is that they would also be allowed to sponsor their spouses, children, and also first-degree relatives and the validity of the family’s visa would be in sync with the primary visa holder.
UAE Green Visa for Skilled Professionals
To apply for a Green Visa, skilled professionals must fulfill some basic conditions such as:
- The applicant must possess a valid employment contract.
- The individual should be classified in the first, second, or third occupational as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- The individual must hold a minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- The salary of the individual should be Dh15,000 or above.
UAE Green Visa for Self-employed & Freelancers
If you are a freelancer or a self-employed wish to apply for UAE Green Visa, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria as follows:
- The individual must have a freelance or self-employed permit from the Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation.
- The applicant must be a bachelor’s degree or a specialized diploma holder.
- The applicant must submit valid evidence of annual income from self-employment for the previous two years not less than Dh360,000. Otherwise, the individual must have financial solvency proof throughout his/her stay in the UAE.
UAE Green Visa for Investors/ Partners:
The Green Visa is also applicable to investors who wish to establish or participate in commercial activities. Unlike the previous residence visa that was for only 2 years, the validity of a Green Visa has increased to five years now. The eligibility criterion to apply for this visa includes:
- The applicant must submit approval of the investment and proof of investment. Point to be noted, in case the investor or partner accesses more than one license, the total invested capital will be calculated.
- The applicant must show the approval of the competent local authorities.
The Benefits of UAE Green Visa:
The UAE Green Visa offers a wide array of benefits to each category of skilled and talented foreigners along with their family members. As a result, this new system of entry and residence permits is attracting global talents and skilled workers from all over the world. The major benefits of the UAE Green Visa include:
- It allows individuals to get residence permits easily for family members including spouses, children, and first-degree relatives.
- It sponsors male children up to 25 years of age and for the girl child, there is no age limit for unmarried daughters.
- Green Visa also grants a residence permit to children of determined irrespective of their age.
- UAE Green Visa allows individuals to enjoy longer flexible grace periods to stay in the UAE for 6 months even after the expiry of the residence permit.
UAE Green Visa Validity:
As mentioned above, the validity for UAE Green Visa is 5 years. Moreover, it eliminates the need for an employer or a UAE national to sponsor the visa. Those who are looking for acquiring the UAE Green Visa from any foreign land will be eligible for a 60-day entry work permit to come and complete the application on arrival in the emirates.