Sometimes, you would have to choose between your parents and your job or a career in Dubai, which could put you in a fix. When your parents get old and have health issues, that would be the time they need you the most.
However, you can overcome that issue by arranging for them to stay with you in Dubai, wherein you will have both your career and family.
It would be possible when you apply for a residence visa for your parents. This article will guide you on getting a residence visa for your parents.
What are the eligibility criteria to get a residence visa for your parents?
According to Dubai regulations, here are the eligibility criteria to get a residence for your parents.
- Both parents – You must sponsor both parents or else you need to attest a death or divorce certificate or provide other valid reasons and get them attested by the UAE embassy in the home country and UAE foreign affairs.
- Minimum salary income – The sponsor must have a valid Dubai residence visa and draw a minimum monthly salary of AED 20,000
- Rented or own house – Your house must have a minimum of two bedrooms, attested through Ejari or a registered tenancy contract and electricity bill
What are the mandatory documents to get a residence visa?
The mandatory documents to obtain a residence visa are:
- Original copy of Emirates ID
- Sponsor passport and residence visa page of your parents.
- Partner/Investor visa holder must attach Trade license, copy list, and MOA, accompanied by six months of personal or company statements.
- Valid salary certificate if you are a government, semi-government, or free zone employee. You must furnish a valid labor contract if you work in the private sector.
- A registered copy of the Tenancy contract or title deed.
- Recent electricity bill if you own a house.
- Passport copy of your parents and one photo with white background. The validity of the passport should be at least six months, and the current visa if you have entered the country.
- National ID of the parents in the case of Pakistanis, Afghanistanis, and Iraqis.
- A hard copy of the bank statement for the last three months with the bank’s seal.
- Sponsor account of IBAN Number.
What are the steps to get a residence visa for your parents?
Getting a residential visa for your parents in Dubai would be challenging as you must meet the specific criteria. Here are the steps to obtain a residential visa for your parents.
- Apply for an entry visawith the necessary documents:
- Typed application forms from registered centers.
- Original passport of the sponsor and parents
- One photo of both parents
- Attested copy of relationship evidence from your embassy or consulate that you are the only provider for your parents.
- Furnish a copy of the job contact of the sponsor.
- A refundable deposit of Dh 2000.
- Have a health checkup to obtain the medical card.
- Submit the abovementioned documents to the residency section of DNRD.
- Furnish your parents’ basic insurance policy starting from Dh600.
When it comes to getting a residency visa for your parents in Dubai could be a lengthy procedure. However, you need a consultant to assist you. Reach us at +971586585070 for more information. Or visit our profile